ffffff

Name:
Location: Hamilton, Canada

I'm only half a Chinaman - hard working, just not good at math.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Credit where credit is due

Okay, so a while back in May, I trekked off to Ireland with my buddy Tom Yonker. And if you're too forgetful to know about that, then you can re-read it here.

Anyway, if you recall correctly, I made a wager to anyone reading the blog to come up with a small story about the miniature figurines in the mock-up model of Kilmainham Gaol...and the best story would win a prize.

Well...truth be told...only one submission was made...hahaha...and it was by none other than my banana-boat partner in crime, Matt Chan. The submission was in an animated GIF file, so just click on the image to open up the animation...


So Matt Chan wins. "What does he win?", you ask? He wins a free lunch date with Alan, next weekend when I head into Toronto for another friend's birthday party.

Anyway, I figured that it was about time that I gave Matt credit for his work...even though it wasn't exactly a "dialogue" like I had specifically stated in the post.

So just to further extend what could be a rather short post, just throwing out a couple of questions to ask...

a) What is the relationship between females and figure skating? Why is there such an uncanny attraction between the two, that whenever figure skating is on television, and a female just so happens to catch a glimpse of it while flipping through the channels, that she will become mesmerized and will continue to watch?

b) Does beer go bad before the "best-before-date"? I looked it up, and evidently, beer is supposed/best to be consumed within a couple of months after brewing and bottling. I dunno...it's just that I brought back a bottle of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout from Uganda...


...and although the expiry date is "12 JUNE 08", I would like to drink it while it's still enjoyable...which makes sense to drink it now...so I have no idea why I haven't yet.

c) Oh, and although not question related, if anyone had been having problems posting comments...I've remedied that problem. Apparently, the default settings don't allow anonymous/random comments, and the settings from the previous blog don't carry over to the new one...even though they're on the same user account.

AND finally...just a happy birthday wish out to Ellen Chen. I don't even know how old you are. And that's why we're such good friends. Happy Birthday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's my trophy? I demand trophy.

11/09/2006 4:19 AM  
Blogger Alanosaur said...

Your trophy is in the mail...

Keeping looking every week...

...for an entire year.

...er...sucker.

11/09/2006 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home