ffffff

Name:
Location: Hamilton, Canada

I'm only half a Chinaman - hard working, just not good at math.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

An incoherent mess of a blog

I had really hoped that I would've been able to take a decent photo of the Hammer at some point during the past couple of weeks, but the weather has just been terrible. Overcast and cloudy and rainy, pretty much every day of the week.

But just to recount the last week and a bit, last weekend (which was actually 2 weekends ago) was my friend (and quite possibly my longest close friend) Cynthia's birthday.



I meant to make a day out of it by meeting up with Matt during the afternoon to reward him for his "dialogue" and then join Cyn at her birthday dinner, and yes, it did play out like that...I just didn't count on my camera cutting out halfway during the dinner. Amazing. *sigh* I promised that I would always have the camera ready-to-go...and it happens again.

Anyway, just a couple of things to mention before moving on...

a) Okay, the dinner was at "Mandarin".



This place is quite possibly the furthest thing away from actual chinese food. It is extremely North American. But I suppose that's the point, seeing as how half the people there were not asian.

b) If I recall correctly, there were about 8 birthdays that were celebrated that evening at the restaurant. 8 renditions of the 'Happy Birthday Song' were performed within a 1 hour span. I think that even breaks 'McDonalds' record for number of birthdays celebrated in a 1 hour span. Jeez, of all the places you'd want to celebrate your birthday you'd think you want it to be a tad more original.

Outside of that and the numerous other birthday celebrations this month, I've pretty much been firing away at my letter of intent for my grad school application.

In the midst of all the firing, a couple of interesting and weird things have come up along the way...

I picked up a new term to replace the tried-n-true term 'gold-digger'...and that new term is a 'bedpan'.



Shiny...filled with crap...and always better when dumped...hahaha...

I've recently been having some extremely weird and vivid dreams. All of which I can remember significant points in the dream. So far, I've dreamed that I've been in some sort of first-person-shooter game, where I'm using buildings around me to shield myself from an enemy chopper...another where I'm in a store of some sort, shopping without a shirt on (don't ask)...another where I was cooking up burgers in a fastfood restaurant...okay, this is getting weird now, and I'm not sure where I'm going with this so I'll stop this thought now.

I definitely can't wait until the hiphop and punk lifestyle finally dies out of mainstream pop culture. I just think both genres have well worn out their place in culture...to the point that it's everywhere you look. You can't go anywhere without that punk/hiphop influence crap filling your face. And what's worse is that people no longer realize what they are buying into anymore....argh, I feel this topic is snowballing, and I could go on, but it would just get out of hand...but I think you get the idea.

And finally, I couldn't hold off anymore. I had to go out and buy it. I went out and bought myself a hunk of Gruyere cheese.



Oh man, as soon as that first piece hit my tongue, it was nostalgia galore. All the memories of the past year came flooding back. Ah jeez, the past year has been the best time of my life to date. It was a bloody expensive nostalgic moment...the damned cheese costs so much...but it was well worth it.

Man, this post is so incoherent. Just a random collection of thoughts. Freak, I can't even remember how I was planning to end this post. Either way, I'm just gonna go back to writing this letter of intent.

But just before I head off, I just got an idea now to increase some coherency in my blog posts. I think I'm gonna start setting up my post topics, just so I know what I want to talk about and so perhaps any blog visitors will have an opinion to express before they read it.

SOOOO....

NEXT POST TOPICS:
Love of the Game (Euro-Football and it's great similarities to Hockey)
The Loss of a Childhood (Are kids today losing an important part of their life?)
Looking for Something Different (Is it just me or is there really a lack of choices when it comes to eating out?)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friend is cute!

11/25/2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home