ffffff

Name:
Location: Hamilton, Canada

I'm only half a Chinaman - hard working, just not good at math.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bad Day, Good Day

Okay, so I got back into Hamilton last week...and I pretty much have been working on my grad school application non-stop ever since.

So far the letter of intent is about 80% complete...the portfolio has been pretty much put together, but I'm still not convinced on the template, so I'm still hammering away at that...2 of 3 reference letters have been received...2.5 weeks left before the deadline...

So because I've been working all week long, not a heck of a whole lot has happened.

We got some snow...? Well it was more like ice...as you can tell by the window.



So yeah, when you're at home and doing nothing...you tend to have nothing. Does that even make sense?

Anyway, in this day and age, if you're stuck at home, you're also usually on the internet. And when you're on the internet, there's no telling what you'll find or what you'll get in your email. Let's examine the notable list of goodies...

YouTube Video of the Week: CSI Miami - Endless Caruso One Liners

Does anyone actually watch this show? I sure as hell don't. Principle reason being...well...just click on the picture or the link above and you'll catch my drift.



I see a new cultural trend emerging. Whenever someone makes a dramatic/witty remark, respond with, "YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"
I simply hate David Caruso. The guy is like a walking and talking cinder block. He is completely devoid of character and human emotion.

News Story of the Week:
In Alabama, 2 men shot each other after an argument over James Brown's height. Apparently, the 2 men had started arguing, and one of the men pulled out his gun and shot the other man. The man who was shot, managed to flee, and crawled out to his car to get his gun...then came back in and shot the other man.

It just goes to show that in the southern United States, you should never debate politics, religion, and the exact height of James Brown.

Sound Byte of the Week:
He goes by the name, "J. Ralph".



His album, "The Illusionary Movements of Geraldine and Nazu" is one of the most diverse collections of original work that I have yet to listen to so far. What is interesting about his music is that it sounds like it was specifically written for a film or is part of a much bigger soundtrack, and yet it is not. What is even more surprising is that he is unable to read or write music. Yes, you read that right. I had to read it twice before I could believe it myself. He recently composed the score to the film, "Lucky Number Slevin". You can listen to all of his work at his website: jralph.com

And that's it for the week. I'll check back in next week if I can scrounge up some more goodies.

Easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home