ffffff

Name:
Location: Hamilton, Canada

I'm only half a Chinaman - hard working, just not good at math.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Super Post

Well, I'm now in Calgary. I flew in on New Year's Eve.

But let's recap the past week shall we...

Last week I was in British Columbia, moving between towns as we were staying in a combination of friends and relatives houses along the way. Anyway, for the most part we were staying at my uncle's farm in the small town of Langley.



My uncle runs a tree nursery on his property, hence all the wilderness and trees in the pictures.



But easily the nearest and most star-struck landmark of all is the farmhouse that sits about a two kilometres down the road from my uncle's farm...

Recognize the sign post?



And if you haven't a clue, it's the Kent Farm from the sci-fi television show 'Smallville'.



Apparently, it's an actual working farm and is actually owned by a couple. A damn shame that the studio only films about once a month there and that everyone was on holiday by that time. But it's quite interesting to know that all the indoor shots of the barn and house are all done there and not on a film set.

Overall it's been a very odd yet interesting holiday season. There's been a ton of drama over the past 3 weeks. It was such a relevation to revisit old acquaintances and relatives after the past year and finally be able to notice qualities in their personalities that had been hidden by the ignorance of youth. It's an incredible feeling. And now whenever I think about it, I realize that I have the past year to thank for my new found insight.



Anyway, it was a lovely christmas and new year's eve nonetheless. I received a ton of clothing (which makes me wonder if people are trying to tell me something) and most importantly got to spend quality time with family. And that for me was enough to ask for. Next year, I just want to keep it even "simpiler"...and without a doubt I'm gonna make sure that I'm stayin' in tha Hammer! =)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems a nice place to be... I've spent Xmas and New Year's eve in town, so I guess I'm missing some rural feeling.

The Kent Farm is really cool. Actually, it's a little weird for me, because I don't really think that farms that look like that really exist outside the movies. Well... Of course, for you north-americans, it's just a regular farm. But in my case, they are seen only in the movies.

(Not that the farms here in Brazil are too different. It's just a question of architectural styles).

1/03/2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger dead scholar said...

Happy New Year Alan!

Great pics as always. You really have a talent for capturing emotion on film i.e. Luke violating me.

All the best in '07!

1/04/2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Alanosaur said...

Does Brazil get 'Smallville' on tv as well?

1/05/2007 4:05 AM  
Blogger Alanosaur said...

Dear Benjy...

Happy New Year to you as well!

I only wish for more opportunities to embarass you in the new year....hahaha

Keep it tight, brotha!

1/05/2007 4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home