ffffff

Name:
Location: Hamilton, Canada

I'm only half a Chinaman - hard working, just not good at math.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Life after application

It's interesting...I had expected my current life excitment to differ now that my grad school application was finished...though, I hadn't expected the weather to become this bad.

It's so bad to the point that you can't even call it "bad weather". I officially rename this crisis to "imprisonment". That's right, imprisonment. I haven't left the house in nearly 7 days. A WEEK. This is crazy.

Anyway, it's been bitter cold the last 2 weeks and just yesterday we got a whole ton of snow dumped on us. 3 feet of snow. This isn't even remotely close to what some parts of the US have gotten and are still currently getting, but still I invite you to view the fruits of my labour.



In 2.5 hours, I managed to dig my car out of the snow and shovel straight out to lone plowed lane on the street. According to my neighbour, I am a man. Hahaha...because I shoveled all the snow instead of wussing out and using a snowblower. Despite the snow, it was a rather beautiful day. One of the first crystal blue skies that I've seen all winter long.



On another note, I have to admit that despite all the ridiculous social online network programs that have been out there I've finally succumb and have been sucked in by Facebook. At first I just shot it down like so many of the previous "keep-in-touch" websites in the past. Sites such as "Friendster" and "WAYN", have all been flops in my opinion. But I do have to admit that it's definitely been able to successfully reconnect people who haven't been in touch for years. I've been randomly running into friends from highschool that I haven't seen in almost 8 years. It's been great catching up with old friends, but eventually I think it's just a matter of time until it flops too. I mean, just think about it...what happens when you've finally caught up with everyone from your past? Start catching up with old enemies?

Okay I'll just get right to my picks of the week...

YouTube Video of the Week: Pinball Number Count



Remember this little number? Haha...okay that was lame. But really, does it ring up any memories? For me it was burst of nostalgia. I was suddenly sent back in time when I was only 6 years old and watching Sesame Street at the children's nursery just a couple streets from my house.

News Story of the Week: The Police Reunite!



Following the 49th Grammy Awards, the Police announced that they were reuniting for a comeback tour after twenty years of hiatus. The funny thing...is that Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland were all in favour of a reunion a long long time ago. What took Sting so long to come around? Sting claims that one day he just woke up and decided to bring back the band. I claim...that he probably finally realized that now was the time to cash in on the baby boomers and their money. Ticket prices for the reunion shows range from $60 to $225. How do you like them apples? I'm sure Sting definitely does.

Soundbyte of the Week: Cansei de Ser Sexy



Really weird how I found this band. I was just looking through YouTube and after another useless video had finished, one of the "recommended director" videos was simply called "CSS - Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above". And right from there, I was hooked. In a nutshell, they're an electro-rock band from Brazil, and are garnering a large indie following. Their name, "Cansei de Ser Sexy" is actually portuguese for "Tired of being sexy". And instead of just repeating everything that I got from wikipedia, I'll just stop right here.

Yeah it's been a pretty slow week. I really hope things pick up soon. I think I'm beginning to lose my mind.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we all know that you'll never grow tired of being sexy

2/17/2007 6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little note directly from Brazil: I've never heard these guys here. I guess they are pretty "underground". It's crazy that they can be better known by a guy under snow in Canada than by someone from their own country. Globalization, I say.

2/19/2007 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

11/10/2008 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home