No more back pain
It's finally over...as of Monday, January 29th, 2007, I finally submitted my graduate school application.

Four months of grueling photography and terrible lighting conditions, mulling and debating over multiple design theories, facts, and styles, is now finished and it feels as though a gigantic weight has been removed from my back.
I probably lost more sleep than I realize...as indicated here by the sunrise on the morning of my completion and my submission.

But whatever...it's all finished...and on the bright side I can now use my completed portfolio to apply for jobs now.
If you're curious as to what I've managed to create...just hit up the following link: Alan Teo - Design Portfolio [2007]
Outside of the application...I've pretty much done nothing.
I did however purchase a new pair of shoes...a successor to the podiatric throne of my well weathered Pumas...introducing my new Timberlands...

And that's pretty much it... =)
Oh yes, and my collection of interesting links that I've accumulated over the past 2 weeks...
YouTube Video of the Week: The (Conan O'Brien) iPhone

Honestly, it's a sickening feeling to see how retarded people are fawning over the new iPhone. Because if you go to Japan, they've got phones over there that are far superior to the iPhone and have been around for years already. In fact, Japanese cell phones are able to be used to pay for purchases at the store, where you just simply let the cash register scan the back of your cell phone for a microchip that subtracts payment from your cell phone credit.
Not to mention the size of the iPhone. Look at how huge that thing is! If you click on the picture, the enlarged pic is actual size. That thing is larger than the largest cell phone at the moment...which is probably the Motorola RAZR.
Is it just me, or does the iPhone not even really impress on aesthetics? It doesn't even look like a cell phone. Moreso like a remote control for your TV or stereo. I can't imagine that having such a device would upgrade your status or style level. It looks more like a toy that would just make you look like a huge nerd.
Anyway...following the press release of the iPhone, "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" released this...hilarious comedy sketch...
News Stories of the Week: "Two Charged in Stunt Joke After Release"
This is quite possibly one of the most retarded stories I have ever read.
I just don't get it. I mean how could you possibly think that a light board that is depicting a cartoon character flipping the bird at you...

...could possibly be construed as a terrorist bomb threat? Since when do terrorists openly alert their victims to their "surprise attack"? I mean if a light pixel board is interpreted as resembling a bomb, then what's the difference between that and someone leaving their old TV or VCR outside their house on garbage day? Anything remotely resembling an electronic device could be a bomb! So does that mean that we should start freaking out if people start getting rid of their old computers and television sets? And you know, bombs aren't always necessarily in electronic devices! I'd be more suspicious if someone left a briefcase in the middle of a train station, than compared to a light board with cartoon flipping me the bird!
Instead of charging the two guys who created the advertisement prank, why not charge the idiots who completely overreacted and called in the bomb threat to the police? Their overactive imaginations are the cause of this ridiculous situation!
No offense intended to my dearest American companions, but it's retarded scenarios like these that make me relieved that I don't live in the paranoid infestation of the United States.
And finally, I'm telling you just can't make this stuff up. Just read the following article: "Police use stun guns on greased, naked student"
Soundbyte of the Week: Aries Spears Freestylin'
Okay, this isn't really a sound clip. But it kinda is because you don't even need to watch it to be in total awe of Aries Spears.
Okay folks, that's it for now...time to go start applying for some jobs.
Lates...
Four months of grueling photography and terrible lighting conditions, mulling and debating over multiple design theories, facts, and styles, is now finished and it feels as though a gigantic weight has been removed from my back.
I probably lost more sleep than I realize...as indicated here by the sunrise on the morning of my completion and my submission.
But whatever...it's all finished...and on the bright side I can now use my completed portfolio to apply for jobs now.
If you're curious as to what I've managed to create...just hit up the following link: Alan Teo - Design Portfolio [2007]
Outside of the application...I've pretty much done nothing.
I did however purchase a new pair of shoes...a successor to the podiatric throne of my well weathered Pumas...introducing my new Timberlands...
And that's pretty much it... =)
Oh yes, and my collection of interesting links that I've accumulated over the past 2 weeks...
YouTube Video of the Week: The (Conan O'Brien) iPhone
Honestly, it's a sickening feeling to see how retarded people are fawning over the new iPhone. Because if you go to Japan, they've got phones over there that are far superior to the iPhone and have been around for years already. In fact, Japanese cell phones are able to be used to pay for purchases at the store, where you just simply let the cash register scan the back of your cell phone for a microchip that subtracts payment from your cell phone credit.
Not to mention the size of the iPhone. Look at how huge that thing is! If you click on the picture, the enlarged pic is actual size. That thing is larger than the largest cell phone at the moment...which is probably the Motorola RAZR.
Is it just me, or does the iPhone not even really impress on aesthetics? It doesn't even look like a cell phone. Moreso like a remote control for your TV or stereo. I can't imagine that having such a device would upgrade your status or style level. It looks more like a toy that would just make you look like a huge nerd.
Anyway...following the press release of the iPhone, "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" released this...hilarious comedy sketch...
News Stories of the Week: "Two Charged in Stunt Joke After Release"
This is quite possibly one of the most retarded stories I have ever read.
I just don't get it. I mean how could you possibly think that a light board that is depicting a cartoon character flipping the bird at you...
...could possibly be construed as a terrorist bomb threat? Since when do terrorists openly alert their victims to their "surprise attack"? I mean if a light pixel board is interpreted as resembling a bomb, then what's the difference between that and someone leaving their old TV or VCR outside their house on garbage day? Anything remotely resembling an electronic device could be a bomb! So does that mean that we should start freaking out if people start getting rid of their old computers and television sets? And you know, bombs aren't always necessarily in electronic devices! I'd be more suspicious if someone left a briefcase in the middle of a train station, than compared to a light board with cartoon flipping me the bird!
Instead of charging the two guys who created the advertisement prank, why not charge the idiots who completely overreacted and called in the bomb threat to the police? Their overactive imaginations are the cause of this ridiculous situation!
No offense intended to my dearest American companions, but it's retarded scenarios like these that make me relieved that I don't live in the paranoid infestation of the United States.
And finally, I'm telling you just can't make this stuff up. Just read the following article: "Police use stun guns on greased, naked student"
Soundbyte of the Week: Aries Spears Freestylin'
Okay, this isn't really a sound clip. But it kinda is because you don't even need to watch it to be in total awe of Aries Spears.
Okay folks, that's it for now...time to go start applying for some jobs.
Lates...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home