ffffff

Name:
Location: Hamilton, Canada

I'm only half a Chinaman - hard working, just not good at math.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Living like a sloth

I've been busy. And that's the only excuse I'm going to give because it's the truth... well... half-truth. But at least it's not a lie, right? Nor a half-lie at that, hahaha.

For the last 2 weeks I've been slaving away at project and attempting to work out design contracts with clients...and...also putting in alot of time into 'Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura'...



...this role-playing game that my friend Matt 'the cursed-devil' Chan introduced me to.

Outside of that, there really hasn't been alot going on. The weather has been some of the most unbearable weather I've ever experienced. It'll be a welcome relief when the weather brings itself out of subzero temperatures later this week.

I swear the last couple of months have forced me to live my life as a sloth. What a far cry from last year. Last year, around this time, us Coalitionites were gettin' together every weekend for a quick pickup game of football or ultimate frisbee. Ah, those were the days...

Anyway, it's pretty pathetic when my big news of the week consists of a cartoon post of one of my favourite internet comic artists, Nick Gurewitch.

His webcomic strip, "The Perry Bible Fellowship"...



...features a weekly comic strip, generally characterized by a juxtaposition of whimsical childlike imagery/fantasy with extremely morbid and absurdist humour. And that's exactly how I like my comics. Hahaha.

Anyway, the following isn't part of the PBF website. I actually found it on CollegeHumour.com, but I don't want to bother linking to their crappy site. Anyway I guess it was just something that Nick was fooling around with.

OTHER CIDES by Nicholas Gurewitch

Everyone knows about Homicide (the killing of another human being), Suicide (the killing of oneself), and Regicide (the killing of a monarch). Here are some of the "Cides" you didn't hear about in your criminal justice class.

Salvaracide

The killing of a person during an attempted rescue, unwittingly, by the rescuer.

Fictitracide

The killing of a character from a work of fiction.

Retrochronicide

The removal of an existing person by the killing of ancestral bodies that would otherwise lead to that person's creation. Requiring time-travel, as popularized in James Cameron's Terminator series.

Sociovenegracide

The killing of a man by a person who was present in his or her Mother's womb during her act of intercourse with the victim. Generally in reference to murders of vengeance wherein the victim is someone other than the killer's own father ( i.e. step-father, mother's boyfriend). Known in certain circles of the Italian Mafia as "Il Riturno Ultima", or "the Ultimate Comeback".

Okay, on to weekly matters...

YouTube Video of the Week: Childhood Cartoons



I love cartoons. Specifically speaking, I love my old childhood cartoons. G.I.Joe, Transformers, Batman: The Animated Series, X-Men: The Animated Series, etc. Yes, I could go on. In the last two months, I've been on a YouTube cartoon fix. Pretty much trying to catch up on those elusive episodes that I missed and also to relive a bit of nostalgia. And what's fantastic is that fans of the cartoons are posting all the episodes on YouTube! I feel like I'm 12 again! Well...I don't think I ever really grew out of that age...but yeah, you get the idea.

Story of the Week: Young Marriages



Okay, not a news story for this post. But I think I'm just gonna change it to simply 'Story of the Week'. I don't care anymore. I'll take any story now. Even opinionated articles like this, 'Young Marriages'. It was written by my buddy, Matt Chan...and that's about it...hahaha. Nah, I just don't want to bother writing up an introduction to it. Just read the article. It pretty much speaks for itself. I will say this for it: There are always exceptions in any theory. And this opinionated article is no...er...exception...hahaha. But I think there is a solid line of logic in the article, so just read, and let it marinate on your brain a bit.

Soundbyte of the Week: New Young Pony Club



Just pushing my new love for electro-pop music with this band. You may recognize their single, "Ice Cream", from the latest Intel commercials. Anyway, I'm looking for electro-pop to become the next big music trend. Bands like CSS, New Young Pony Club, Mouse on Mars, and Junior Boys are really going to make a big impact on new music for the future. At the same time, I hope that electro-pop doesn't become TOO big that it begins to sell itself out. Just look at the current status of the pop and the hiphop industry now. They've lost all credibility. But that's assuming they had any to begin with, hahaha.

That's it for now, hopefully the good weather this week will get some juicy tidbits going for another post.