Uncomfortable Goodbyes
I'm not even sure where to start...Jedrzej's farewell dinner? or me stuffing my face with 40 chicken wings?
Well, let's start with the farewell dinner...



Our brother in arms is finally making the big jump to the UK next Tuesday, and Chris, Erika and I wanted to give him a proper farewell with a finger-licking great dinner at 'The End Zone Bar & Grill'. The special for the day: All-You-Can-Eat Chicken Wings!

Now let's roll the rest of the pictures!






*sigh* My goal was to engulf 50 chicken wings. Now that's a pretty tall order to take on...but I was confident that I could do it. I had only one meal earlier in the day and I had played squash for just over an hour before heading out to the restaurant, so I was pretty confident that 50 could be an attainable number.
I dunno what happened...either it was the ridiculously long wait, where the restaurant lost our order, or it was just an absurd goal to begin with, but I only managed to finish off 40 wings.

I think the problem was the mental challenge. I never really understood where the mental challenge in competitive eating took place, but I found out this night when I was on my 35th wing. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't starting to feel full, but wasn't the reason I was slowing. It was moreso the fact that I started to feel really sick of the taste of chicken...and even moreso the taste of deep fried batter. To put it in another sense, it was like licking stamps...only by the 30th stamp you have to rinse your tongue with a drink of water to cleanse your tongue of the taste. Yeah, that's what I needed; something to cleanse my tastebuds. Only water wasn't gonna cut it. What I really needed was a salad or something with fibre. Anything to just rid the taste of deep fried batter in my mouth and to help with digestion.
Anyway...I'll never do that again. I'll eat wings again...like in another year...but never again all-you-can-eat wings.

Final Wings Score: Alan 40; Chris 21; Jedrzej 19
The aftermath of the evening concluded with some Nintendo Wii and a ceremonial downing of shots.


As for the Chencho, I guess I'm still in a bit of disbelief that he's moving out to London. I knew that it was an eventuality that everyone would be moving on with our own lives, I suppose I was just in denial of it all. And the same goes for me as well, since I just got back my non-acceptance letter from graduate school last week. So like Jedrzej, I'm also looking for work in the big city.
But this blogpost isn't about me, it's about our soon to be departed beloved Polish prince.
I would have to say that Jedrzej was a guy that surprised me more often than most people. Maybe it was because he was knowledgable about things that most people don't usually know. Funny at moments when you didn't expect a joke. Much more down to earth than most people you meet. And often times hilariously unpredictable. =) And especially someone who, I wish that time had allowed me to get to know better.
*single tear*
All the best to the new prince of London!
Lookin' forward to the next time we meet up again!
Well, let's start with the farewell dinner...
Our brother in arms is finally making the big jump to the UK next Tuesday, and Chris, Erika and I wanted to give him a proper farewell with a finger-licking great dinner at 'The End Zone Bar & Grill'. The special for the day: All-You-Can-Eat Chicken Wings!
Now let's roll the rest of the pictures!
*sigh* My goal was to engulf 50 chicken wings. Now that's a pretty tall order to take on...but I was confident that I could do it. I had only one meal earlier in the day and I had played squash for just over an hour before heading out to the restaurant, so I was pretty confident that 50 could be an attainable number.
I dunno what happened...either it was the ridiculously long wait, where the restaurant lost our order, or it was just an absurd goal to begin with, but I only managed to finish off 40 wings.
I think the problem was the mental challenge. I never really understood where the mental challenge in competitive eating took place, but I found out this night when I was on my 35th wing. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't starting to feel full, but wasn't the reason I was slowing. It was moreso the fact that I started to feel really sick of the taste of chicken...and even moreso the taste of deep fried batter. To put it in another sense, it was like licking stamps...only by the 30th stamp you have to rinse your tongue with a drink of water to cleanse your tongue of the taste. Yeah, that's what I needed; something to cleanse my tastebuds. Only water wasn't gonna cut it. What I really needed was a salad or something with fibre. Anything to just rid the taste of deep fried batter in my mouth and to help with digestion.
Anyway...I'll never do that again. I'll eat wings again...like in another year...but never again all-you-can-eat wings.
Final Wings Score: Alan 40; Chris 21; Jedrzej 19
The aftermath of the evening concluded with some Nintendo Wii and a ceremonial downing of shots.
As for the Chencho, I guess I'm still in a bit of disbelief that he's moving out to London. I knew that it was an eventuality that everyone would be moving on with our own lives, I suppose I was just in denial of it all. And the same goes for me as well, since I just got back my non-acceptance letter from graduate school last week. So like Jedrzej, I'm also looking for work in the big city.
But this blogpost isn't about me, it's about our soon to be departed beloved Polish prince.
I would have to say that Jedrzej was a guy that surprised me more often than most people. Maybe it was because he was knowledgable about things that most people don't usually know. Funny at moments when you didn't expect a joke. Much more down to earth than most people you meet. And often times hilariously unpredictable. =) And especially someone who, I wish that time had allowed me to get to know better.
*single tear*
All the best to the new prince of London!
Lookin' forward to the next time we meet up again!
3 Comments:
This could look a "regular" Geneva gathering, or a "regular" Geneva farewell (we had plenty of farewells). The faces are familiar, the camera angle is familiar. Except that in Geneva you would never a find an all-you-can-eat-chicken-wing-restaurant.
Cheers! Good look to Jay-Jay!
[url=http://dcxvssh.com]ZgsOKrCcYKzc[/url] - pNrYcIlbcsAnoRqhJ - http://yuxeflk.com
Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to "return the favor".Im trying to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
Post a Comment
<< Home